Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Construction Zone!!!!!

What have I done? You all are always hearing me say that I have so much to do and nothing ever gets done right? So, what did I just do...

I just added another massive project on my plate, that's all! So, Davis is ready for his 'BIG BOY' room. I say that since the poor kid has never had his own defined space his whole life. From sharing a room with his sister in Chicago to living with crazy leopards and lions in our current house. It is finally time for him to get his space. His reaction, you ask? "Really? You mean I get to have a brand new room?" was his first response. His next statement was, "Mom, does this mean I get a new BIG BOY Bed?" What?! Hold up a minute, Davis! The current bed you have is perfect (or so I thought). When we moved to Kansas City 4 years ago, we got Davis a Little Tykes Race Car bed. Those big ones that fit a twin mattress. Cool, right? I seriously thought he would be in it 'til he was 8 or so. He informed me today that he was ready to give it to someone else so he can have a big bed like Dad! (Hold a moment for me to wipe the tears)

So, the projects have begun. Davis is going to move into Kailee's Room. Kailee is going to move into the office (which is the other big bedroom in the house), and Sean will finally get his own space and move his office into Davis' old room.

Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning out Kailee's room and moving the furniture out of the way for me to get ready for some construction to begin! Davis' birthday is coming up, so he will get a final surprise of a new complete room.

Today, we started painting. Davis was so excited to help! It was fun at first, but let me just say, I was glad when it was time for him to go to school so I could clean up some of the mess he made. :o)







Good Bye 'Cotton Candy Pink' Room! :(

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across a couple of colorful designs on more Leather Sofas for your living room.

    ReplyDelete