Where's Davis?
Add some friends to the mix...
And you have one of the best afternoons, ever!
I do have to take a minute to explain what they are doing here though. A few weeks ago, Mr. Alex Epperson (a.k.a missing in these photos) and Davis got this brite idea to make the biggest pile of leaves ever to jump in. Now, before we knew this was their plan, this is what happened:
Alex and Buster came over to play one fall afternoon when Sean and I noticed that the boys were outside raking leaves and putting them in trash bags. Sean and I were so proud of the two boys that we kept thinking of what we could do to thank them for raking and bagging all the leaves. Sean went outside to mow the yard (especially since the leaves were being raked and were out of the way). Sean noticed that Alex kept running into the garage and kept getting trash bags (so he thought anyways). He didn't think to stop him - he was so excited that they were bagging them all that he could care less. So, what happened? Alex and Davis raked the entire cul-de-sac of leaves!!! Yep, every house...Front AND back yard!!! Really cool, hun? Um, not so much. Want to know why? They were all in our backyard!!!!! The boys were only using ONE trash bag and were running back and forth dumping the leaves in OUR backyard and then running back to someone else's to grab another 'load'. I am So BUMMED that I did not get a picture of all the leaves in the backyard! Once Sean and I figured it out, we could not stop laughing! They were having so much fun, how could we stop them? Sean ended up bagging 7 bags of those big huge yellow trash bags of leaves for the trash guys that week. Your welcome to all the neighbors!!
So, yesterday I had my camera ready to take some pictures of what I thought was to come again. Only, when they got all the leaves bagged they decided it wasn't enough for the MASSIVE pile they were wanting to create. Where are the leaves? All in bags sitting in Kyra's garage this time - HA HA HA! They are going to wait a few more days and add to their 'stash' to create the biggest pile ever! (I am just hoping maybe it stay's at Kyra's this time?)
The kids had so much fun yesterday afternoon raking leaves and bagging, they were outside for over 6 hours! What a great fall day!
No comments:
Post a Comment