I have started training for a marathon. Before you go thinking I am crazy and what not, I am WALKING a marathon. Most of you know that I have always thought running was great and have always wanted to run. At the moment, I just can't seem to get going on the running. I have tried the Couch to 5K thing, etc. I just 'stink' at running! So, I am hoping by walking and entering some marathons I will find the motivation for running yet again. Yesterday was my first unoffical 1/2 marathon with a completion of 13.4 miles in 3 hours and 10 minutes. I have about another 7-8 weeks of training before I complete the marathon. I am also trying to determine which races to enter. Hopefully, over the next few weeks, I can increase my speed more and start jogging some, we shall see!
Sean has been EXTREMELY busy with his new Company. He had a really hard time making the decision to change jobs and now I think he feels he has to work even harder than he already was. He is busy traveling over the next few months and hope that things go well for him. We sure do miss him around the house!
Kailee is also busy in 3rd grade! She has been doing swimming lesson 2/week. I am trying to get her to try out for swim team, but I don't think she is feeling that she is quite ready. Her 'toothless' grin is no longer toothless already! All four holes in her mouth have teeth half way in! She signed up to run for Student Council and spent a lot of time writing her speech for her class. I was so proud of her for working so hard on it. She spent a lot of time in front of the mirror practicing! She didn't make it this time, but she said it was ok, she was proud of her work! WOW! My Kailee is growing up!!!! I am so thankful she is enjoying 3rd grade and is excited about school again! Thank you God!
Davis finally started school! He was getting so frustrated that he had to wait to start! His first week went great! He has 5 kids in his class - ALL boys! Boy, do I feel sorry for his teacher! Davis has also been busy with swimming lessons and gymnastics. He did his first handstand all by himself this past week - very exciting!
We also bit the bullet and finally decided that the poor guy couldn't wait for his birthday and had to invest in a brand new BIG BOY bike! He is so happy to have this! He has needed one for a while and I was trying to hold him off. But, he watched all the kids ride bikes to school and you can just tell he wishes he could too! Well, he is off! Now that his BIG BOY bike is here - he is off!!!
Kaden is quite the character at the moment! He is a big fluff of 7 pounds now! He is doing really well with potty training, etc. BUT has discovered what his teeth can do! He just LOVES everything that is Kailee's! Flipflops are his chewing of the month choice I do believe! :) He has already chewed one of Kailee's flipflops and tried on several over occasions. He just loves to 'sneak' behind your back and get something and take off with it. It is so hard not to laugh.
Alex is doing really well with Kaden. Alex has taught Kailee to growl when he wants something. UGH! We are working on trying to get through with Kaden that when he turns 12 he can do that, but not now! :)The little guy LOVES to eat! He will do anything for food!
Well, Popeye is over and Davis is asking to play a game. He just brought me the AMERICAN GIRL 300 wishes game to play... Hmmmm, maybe a Candyland instead?
Here are a few pictures of the past few weeks in random order:
No comments:
Post a Comment