Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up and immediately dread rolling out of bed for the fear ahead? Today, that was me. I just had a great 4-day weekend with the kids at Grammis. A perfect weekend really, more on that to come.
I even prepared before I went. I knew what was to come, all of Grammis great cooking (she makes the best Chicken noodles ever), I won't even touch the subject of Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!! The fact was, I thought I was ready for this great 4 day weekend. I had gone to Sams before we left town. I got Grapefruit, Apples, pears, peppers, did I mention apples? I even picked up some fat free carmel apple dip as a treat for all the apples I got. I picked up all this fruit preparing in advance for what I knew was coming in those 4 days (Have you ever tried my Grammi's Chocolate Chip Cookies???????).
So, this morning I seriously dreaded the thought of rolling over and pulling the covers back. I knew that I had to face the reality of what I had just done the past 4 days. In fact, I stayed in bed just a bit longer thinking I wouldn't have to face it. (hmmm, maybe if I roll over and fall back asleep...)
I did finally get up. I did finally have to face the reality - HOLY CRUD is all I can say!!!!!! An extra 4 pounds were added!!!!!!! Can you believe it! 4 pounds???!!! I knew it. I knew it. Back to bed I went! I pulled those covers up and closed my eyes. This is a nightmare. Let's try it again...
So, after my adult temper tantrum of the morning, I decided, oh well - those are the best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the world! And, I would never pass up that Chicken Noodle soup! (I won't even go into the other things I ate) I did have such a great time! It really was worth it.
So, today I begin to undo those last 4 days. I will sweat off those Chocolate Chip cookies (It's ok Grammi - they really were worth it)! I will crunch off that yummy Dr. Pepper (that tastes so good after raking leaves).
In fact, (as I now throw the covers back) this is a GOOD thing! This is what some would call "MOTIVATION"!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment