Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back to Our Trip

I want to try and post some more pictures from our latest adventure! The first day in Lincoln was spent at Farmer Marys!! Aunt Mary really isn't a Farmer, or is she:



First I must say that we traveled from the BIG city of Lincoln to Denmark, KS
A little about Denmark:

Denmark is an unincorporated community in Lincoln County, Kansas, United States. One of the first permanent settlements in Lincoln County, it was settled about 1869 by Danish Lutherans who laid the cornerstone for a stone church in 1876. Built of the "post rock" limestone that is so abundant in the county, it was completed in 1880. A bell tower and entry were added in 1901. The village is located 3 miles north of K-18 and still has a community hall, a railroad, and a grain elevator. Denmark is part of "The Amazing 100 Miles". The history and folklore has been described by Ruth Sorensen in "Beyond the Prairie Wind".


Please don't plan on using this beautiful Church in May, it is already reserved for a family wedding!!


I don't think this is still open (?). At least I have never seen it open, please tell me if I am wrong, Andersens!


Here we are, Farmer Mary's! Like I said she really isn't a "Farmer". But, to my kids, she is. Living where we are and traveling to her house my son started calling her Farmer Mary and always asked to visit! I think the Andersens make up the most of the population in the town. If I remember correctly the population is around 20 (give or take a few).

We went to Farmer Mary's to help decorate for Halloween. Our Cousins, Michelle and Devon were still in school for the day so we went to town decorating:
















The kids had more fun playing with all the stuff they found in the boxes, I think they could of stayed there for days! After decorating, Farmer Mary thought they needed a little Hot Cocoa.



I have to thank Mary for all the fun she showed us this day! Kailee and Davis think so much of Farmer Mary and going to the "Farm" that they were so tickled to spend the day there.

Some of the little things that always catch my eye when I am there:


I love this! Every time I go into her kitchen, my eyes wonder!





Hello?! All you vintage fans out there! When you schedule your tour to Lincoln make sure you add Farmer Marys to the list!




Why don't my hardwoods look this good? I LOVE the color!



Giraffe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment