Susie had on her blog the 5 things that make our lives easier which she could not afford and dreamed of having. I loved seeing what she came up with!
I thought I would do it a little different. Mine will be the 5 Things that make our lives easier as a Stay-at-Home Mom which I can not afford as well, but only the little things we cherish on a daily basis.

1. Dishwasher detergent. How it would be so nice to just buy those drop in tabs! I have to tell you that in the past months I have really learned to be more 'frugal'. I read in an article a while back that your dishwasher really only needs a teaspon of the powder soap to do it's job. So, I have my detergent in a tupperware container (yep. an old butter dish) with a teaspoon sitting right be side it. I bought my box of detergent back in April for like $4 and am still on the same box!! LOVE IT! And my dishes? Just as clean as pouring the stuff in like I used to do!

2. Egg Beaters. I LOVE Egg Beaters! In fact, I used to always buy them. So easy to make a snack with or breakfast, etc. But after realizing how much egg beaters really cost, I have gone back to good 'ole fashion eggs. I take the time to break the egg open and seperate the yoke from the egg white. When you can get a dozen eggs for 69 cents (like I did on Monday) who needs Egg Beaters? One Day, I hope to be able to just pick up a carton of Egg Beaters and be able to enjoy them 'Just Because'.

3. Bottled Water. I know that bottled water is bad for the environment. I know that Bottled water is pointless to buy when you have a sink in your house. But, I love the ease of grabbing a bottle of water before you head out the door! I know you can easily fill a jug of some sort and go, but there is just something about having bottled water on hand. Bottled water just makes things easier!

4. Fabric Softener sheets! So, back at Christmas time my Aunt and Grandmother were telling me that if you cut a fabric sheet in half it still does the same job and you get 2 good uses out of one sheet! Well, I bought a Huge thing of Bounce Sheets at Sams for $9 back in January and I am still using the same box. We have a pair of scissors sitting on the dryer next to the bounce sheets to make sure they are cut in half. I know this seriously sounds corny and all. But, I did spend about 30 minutes the other day cutting Bounce sheets and putting them back in the box so they are ready to go. Ah, to be able to just by Bounce sheets and throw them in the dryer...
and last, but not least...
5. Meat. I would love to just go to the store and buy what ever looks good at the moment. Steaks sound good? ok, let's go get some nice juicy steaks! Stuffed chicken breasts ready to go? Oh, how yummy that sounds! No, instead, I look at the ads each week and see what is on sale and 'stock' up on anything that is GREAT. Otherwise we have noticed that if your recipe calls for a pound of hamburger, you can really use 1/2 or 3/4 of a pound and it all tastes the same. Oh, I miss meat!
So there is my list of crazy little things that would make my life just a little bit easier on a daily basis. But, I stop to think about it now and realize that I am so thankful that GOD lets me pour my dish soap, break my eggs open, cut my fabric sheets, and fill my glass with water, as I get to stay home with my kiddos! I love being here in the morning to tell Kailee to have a good day. I love sitting at swim lessons with Davis, I love being home when the kids come home from school to tell me what they did or didn't do at school.
So, I will pour my soap, I will crack my eggs, I will cut my fabric sheets, I will fill my glass with water. Thank you God!
Thank you Susie for making me see the brighter side of things!
ha ha! love it!! LOVE egg beaters, too!!
ReplyDeletewe actually cut our dryer sheets in fourths. :) i use the one strip for the kids clothes(they are little and dont need all the perfumey stuff) and use two strips for things like towels or items like fleece that contain static. we've been on our one box forever, too.