So on this cold fall day, I found myself a little sad...
The H1N1 virus has begun to hit the neighborhood pretty hard. So far so good in our household, but am afraid once the kiddos go back to school this week... I have been drowning them with Elderberry, vitamin C, and their daily vitamins each morning. Especially with Sean gone the next 2 weeks, Kaden getting his surgery, and all the other things scheduled, we would really be ok with skipping out of meeting that virus.
Kailee had a great time at her Girl Scout campout. It didn't get as cold as they thought (27 was suppose to be the low). But, I do think it still got down to 30! Kailee thought I was a crazy mom when I made her wear tights under her jeans and made her put on 2 pairs of socks while packing much much more in case she would need it. I was SOOO proud of her for making it the whole night. She did get a little antsy when the Dad's left, but made it! She was pretty cold when I picked her up and came home to have some hot chocolate and meet her favorite blanket:
Do you ever have those days as a parent when you are telepathically telling your children to just 'shut up'? Today was one of those days with Davis. In fact, he was "bugging" me so much that I told Sean I was going to Target. Guess who wanted to go? So, Davis and I headed to Target to look for a curtain for his bedroom. I warned him in the car on the way there that I was looking at curtains and he needed to be a good boy. He nicely asked me, "Mom, if I am a good boy while you look at curtains can we look at the bikes and toys when you are done?" Sounds like a plan to me I told him. So, we get in the store and he tells me which way the bikes are for after I finish my looking. He then gets in the back of the cart and decides it is time to tell me stories. I am trying to listen, I really am. but sometimes, I just zone out from the kid and usually end of saying, "Uh, Huh. Really? Yes. Ok." Blah, blah, blah... Well, I was getting tired of the constant voice and hearing Mom, Mom, Mom, that I looked at him and said WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? His response?
As nice and quiet as he could..."Mom, you really don't have to keep saying What? What? What?" "I just wanted to talk with you." Ok, so here I am trying not to start crying in Target. Here I am having a day where all I wanted is peace and quiet and my son wanted a day where he could talk and play with me. I felt terrible. So, I quit looking at curtains, and we went straight to the bikes and toys! I got to clean out my ears and hear all the WOWs! AWESOMES! and what not that I could...
No comments:
Post a Comment