Monday, October 19, 2009

A Million Dollars for a Monday?

Laying in bed this morning (not wanting to get up), I wondered how nice it would be just to have a million dollars. Do you know what you would do with a million dollars? I thought I did too. Then, it hit me... So, I have a million dollars - what am I really going to do with it? After pulling the covers back up and around me I thought to myself I know exactly what I would do with that million dollars:

1. First, and foremost, I would pay off my mortgage. I could say I owned my home!






I would not go and buy another one. I would stay just where I am. It is only a million dollars you know.


2. I would write a check and give some to the church. I know it is very selfish of me to pay my mortgage off first. I need to work on it - please help me. But, after paying my mortgage, I would take the kids to our church and see what we could do to help!



This is a pic of the new church! It is amazing inside!


3. Next would be to fund the college accounts for the kids. Am I boring you? Remember it is only a million dollars!



Now, that I am really having fun with this... I get out of bed and go and have a sit with Sean. Here is how it goes:

Me: Morning

Sean: Good morning. (As he is already up and working)

Me: What would you do with a million dollars?

Sean: Huh? What? (with this look that I am crazy - after all, it is 6 in the morning and my first words of the day are 'what would you do with a million dollars?')

Me: Seriously, if you had a million dollars what would be the first thing that you did?

After a way toooooo looooonnnnnnggg of a pause (I was getting a little irritated that he was not playing along with my conversation starter of the morning), he said he would pay off the house! There you have it... This is why we are married - HA!

So, Sean is not excited about playing my little mind game this morning. No biggie, I will blog about it I thought. As I started typing this, Kailee says we really need a new tv. And if she had a million dollars, she would buy us a new tv.

I thought about it... Yeah, we could use a new tv. After all, it is only 27 inches (corner to corner), will not work unless you have a remote (the buttons are broke), we have had it for 17 years... ok, maybe a new tv with our million dollars:




Want to play my game with me? Comment and let me know, What would you do with a million dollars?

3 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! Kailee wants to play! She is going to type what she is going to do with a million dollars. Go for it Kailee:


    if i had a million dollars i would get a dog or pet.2 i would get a flat searn tv. 3 i would get a ipod conputer and last but not least a phoun. what would you do with a millon dollars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I see I have raised you to enjoy the 'finer' things in life! Geez! Um, hate to burst your bubble darnling dear, but:

    1. You are have a pet - 2 to be exact!
    2. flat screen tv. Um, maybe, but NOT in your room!

    3. you have an ipod - don't even go there! computer? Ok, maybe I can see that. A phoun? I am assuming you mean PHONE! That will also be another thing you will NEVER have in your room. HA HA HA

    Now get ready for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.
    1. buy a new house. new to us. newly renovated in college hill or riverside. love houses with character!!
    2. honda odyssey here we come!
    3. buy the directors suite at the warren so i can watch new moon every day of the week when it comes out. :) ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete