Sorry for the nasty language there but there are no nicer words for that pig! Davis is STILL down for the count. He has had 5 days of Tamiflu, 2 days of Zithromax (for the ears on top of it all) and has just not been able to catch a break. We ended up at Children's Mercy (The Children's Hospital here in Overland Park) as the kid hadn't gone to the bathroom in 24 hours. He is pretty dehydrated and still not eating, he will also have to start doing breathing treatments 3 times a day to hopefully help keep the pneumonia part away. Here's to hoping today will be a better day.
His ears are a horrible mess! As most of you know, last year we discovered he wasn't hearing properly (Bad mother again - I just thought I had a little devil on my hands) so we went through thousands of tests, drugs, all sorts of things and then had tubes put in and his Adenoids taken out. Well, 4 months later one tube fell out and had a huge infection that required going back to the ENT. The ENT said he wouldn't be surprised if it started all over again this fall.
Please say a few prayers that this is just a 'fluke' nasty ear infection and we are not going to be starting this process again. We have to make sure he is taking his Zyrtec, Singulair, Flonase, etc. as this is all caused mainly due to allergies (and yes, the organic, hates medicine person that I am is giving it all to him). We have had allergy testing done, we have done it all. The kid should probably live in a bubble - he would be a little safer. :o)
On another note. Can I just say that I have the best neighbors ever - I think I will post a few pictures that are for sale in the area - you really would love it here!!!
The Eppersons have been the best!!! Kailee has pretty much lived at their house since Sunday. Thank you so much!!!!! She comes home to sleep and get ready for school :o). Last night, she came home and had a little glassy look in her eyes. I reach for the thermometer and it was 99.7! AAACCCCKKKK!!!! She informed me I was over reacting and that she was totally fine. She felt fine. She fell asleep within 30 minutes of her getting home last night. I am hoping she wakes up this morning still feeling fine. This is my child that LOVES sleep and mellowness. I am hoping that just with the past 4 days of On-The-Go with friends it got to her and she just needed sleep. I don't think I can take Kailee getting this thing! Sean is out of town again next week and I believe I would be calling the Dr. for drugs for me - happy pills.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment