Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 1...

The day started out fairly well this morning. Davis woke up feeling better (he always has to change first thing - heaven forbid he enjoy staying in his pjs). He put on his Darth Vader costume (that we surprised him with yesterday) and wanted to go outside. He was bummed no one was outside to play with him so he came right back in.

He enjoyed a few cartoons, some time on the computer and then it began. "Mom, can I play with Luke?" "Mom, can I go to school?" "I feel better Mom, I can go to school", yadda, yadda, yadda.

It was time to whip out the goods. I had the perfect time-consuming, huge mess making, activity ever...The GLUE GUN!

Now before you all go start calling SRS on me. Please remember this is a low-temp glue gun. (I remember using one for my wedding to glue balloons together!) I did have to show him not to touch the silver point where the glue comes out - once he touched it the first time, he got the message...



































I have to remember he really is a typical boy and anything that involves messes, 'tools', or fun gadgets he is there!

As you can probably tell, this isn't really a project I can set him up with and walk away to do something. But, it was worth it!!! We spent an Hour and forty-five minutes having a great time! I was impressed he was able to do his name. He only needed help with the letter 'S' as he kept telling me it was a 5.

I kept thinking that this Glue Gun really is awesome! I wonder if it will work on Kailee's patches for her Girl Scout Vest? Hmmmm...


After 2 hours, this is what he decided to do:





I guess he is still not up to 'speed'. Poor Guy! I think I might just go join him...After I clean up some craft sticks that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment