Have to say, I am pretty nervous about it as I don't think I have ever in my entire life spent 5 days in one place without having visitors, going someplace(I don't even have carpool for school this week - Oh, wait... I guess I will be able to get out to check the mail)!
Me, and my anal self, started to stress a little this afternoon after this realization. First, I had to make a quick Wal-Mart run for the 'necessities' for the week:
While walking around Wal-Mart I thought to myself, How am I going to keep this child entertained for the week?! Those that know Davis understand what I am saying. Davis is not your typical child that likes to sit and watch tv. Davis loves being outside, loves to play with friends, loves to run, jump, skip, and more! He does not sit still. Saturday, when his fever finally broke (Thank you Tamiflu) he couldn't stay in one place. Even though he still felt bad, he would sit on the couch, move to the floor, move to the couch, move to the chair, move to the couch, move to the table, move to the couch,...
So, how do I entertain this child for a week without killing him or myself? I had to do what I always do in these TAKE CHARGE, DRASTIC MEASURE Moments (Ann, you get it, right?!). I had to start my lists!!
Now when I get to this point, there are lists for everything.I had to try and think from every angle so I don't let my crazy, other side show. I had to make a list for myself of chores for the week, a list of things to do when the Boy goes crazy, a list of things to do when I go crazy, get the idea? Since I was still at Wal-Mart, I did pick up just a few things that looked fun:
Bath foam?! This should entertain him for a while!
Paints, Star Wars coloring book, AND... A COOL TEMP GLUE GUN!!!! I can see this entertaining him for hours on end!!!
Now, the lists (WARNING: May contain information that will overwhelm you. Please step away from the computer to breathe before returning):
My To-Do List while in hiding:
Sanitize Computers
Pay Bills and balance check book
Shine my sink
finish the 1,281.5 (there is one in the dryer now) loads of laundry (which includes folding and putting it away)
Sanitize doorknobs and light switches
Clean the Entryway (rug, scrub floor, mirror, baseboards,clean out closet, front door and porch)
Main Floor Bathroom ( rugs, floors, sanitize drawers/cabinets, toilet, baseboards, walls/door)
Kitchen (clean out fridge, microwave/stove/oven, sanitize cabinets & counter tops, scrub floor, find the dining table, wash windows, clean my desk)
Living Room (furniture, vacuum, baseboards, dusting, sanitize piano keys)
Class Room (walls/baseboards, sanitize desks, rearrange and organize stuff)
Family Room (Dust/Sanitize, baseboards/bookcases, pickup, clean tv, remotes, windows)
Davis' Room (sanitize dress, walls/switches, bedding, sanitize toys, closet, vacuum/dust)
Stairway (sanitize railing/baseboards)
Laundry Room (sanitize floor, wipe down washer/dryer)
Kids Bathroom ( wash rugs, scrub floor, sanitize cabinets/handles, toilet, tub, baseboards, walls/door/switches, sanitize/replace toothbrushes)
Van (vacuum, sanitize car seats/seats, dash/steering wheel, etc)
Our Bedroom (change bedding, closet, baseboards, floor/walls/switches)
Our Bathroom (rugs, cabinets/drawers - sanitize, shower & tub, floor, mirrors, baseboards, toilet, sanitize/replace toothbrushes)
A Starter List for when the Boy goes Crazy:
Paint the pumpkins
playdough
work on letters, numbers, schoolwork
coloring
crafts, projects (I can see it now - the glue gun and some craft sticks!)
computer
movies (yeah, right!)
play in the bathtub
make the biggest, bestest, fort ever!!!
help me paint the office
teach Davis to play GO FISH
work on tying shoes (almost got it...)
A Starter List of Things To Do When I Go Crazy:
drink? (HA HA HA - couldn't resist)
color my hair
work on the office
CALAGON?
Update the blog...
The kids' Christmas list done
Come up with new recipe ideas/menus
Read New Moon (that has been sitting on the counter starring at me the past couple of weeks and I have not touched)
Order the new Book Club pick
TREADMILL
Plan a birthday party for Davis
Make out Christmas lists (who to buy for, etc.)
This should help. I will print this out and post it on the fridge to remind me....
that is the mothership of all lists! :)
ReplyDeletenew moon?? read it, my closet twilighter friend! :) there is a "read a chapter a day" on www.newmoonmovie.org that they post everyday. check out the highlights on there if you don't have time to break it out.
i love you for being so crazy woman!
ReplyDelete