So, 9 years ago when I got married I had visions in my head. These visions included fun, laughter, and unforgetableness. I am not one to sit and be bored. I do not like boring weddings where you sit and sit and then go and sit some more while waiting for a piece of cake and a mint.
When Sean and I got engaged (way back in '99 - wow like a whole world ago), Sean and I both agreed we wanted fun!! Sean went to the batting cage on the day of our wedding in his tux to hit baseballs, see that's fun. My Mother, on the other hand, had visions of her daughter on her wedding day. She had visions of pretty dresses and mints. I wanted NO mints (seriously, who goes to a wedding for mints?).
I wanted skittles. I wanted M&Ms. I wanted just fun things. I asked for NO tulle. I wanted NO frilly wedding things - I did get balloon people, that is fun. I did get tulle too. I remember I wanted GOLDFISH on the tables. Come on now, flowers die. How fun would it be to take a GOLDFISH home as a souvenior?! That would of been fun.
I did finally get my mother to agree on M&Ms (Yes, they had to match the wedding colors). Yes, I did have to agree on mints (I still think we had some left over). I wanted stuff on tables to entertain people while they had to wait. I wanted decks of cards. I wanted crayons. I wanted games. I wanted FUN! I did have little games on the tables. I did have small decks of cards. I did have candy thrown across the tables - that was fun. I did have tulle...
I did get my DJ I wanted. We did have fun then. We had hula hoops, we had the biggest, bestest (I know. My own word), wedding march that had to be taken outside. We did wear silly glasses walking in to the Dance. That was Fun.
I did finally get my mother to agree to letting me blast 'We're going to the Chapel' outside playing for people walking in.
Please, don't think I am complaining. I had a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL wedding. Don't you ever think back and say if I could do it all over again...
I know most have seen this video before, some have seen it several times. I LOVE IT! I am jealous... they had fun!!!!
I am posting this for my mother to see. Mom, if I could do it all again... This is what I want, along with decks of cards, crayons, games, hula-hoops, candy, GOLDFISH, and please...no mints.
This is a FUN wedding. This came across my email again today - also on a day where I was going thru the attic and came across the wedding storage tote that holds my dress and other nick-knacks from the day.
Mother...Watch and take notes... (You will need to pause the music on the bottom of the page first to hear this...) <
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment