Sunday, February 7, 2010

What? Say What? I didn't hear you...





Hun? You talking to me? Yes, this sums up the past few weeks in our house. Davis had surgery back on the 8th of January to have tubes put in his ears again, adenoids, and his tonsils out.

He did really well with the surgery part - he is such a trooper. The calming medicine they gave him before hand made him crazy. It was hilarious!! Sad to say, but yes, I was laughing AT him along with the other nurses.

The first week after surgery was rougher than I thought. I really thought he would bounce back and be ready to go like he normally is. He spent most of the week laying on the couch watching tv or playing the wii.

He did go back to school after a week and a half, but you could tell he still wasn't himself. But the trooper that he is, he never complains.

So, to my surprise, a week ago he still wasn't what I call back to Davis. We had a conference with the teacher at school who informed us that she doesn't think he is hearing well yet as he is just mimicking the others on work. The very next day, he did tell us his ear hurt. Those that know Davis would know that if he says something hurts it is usually pretty bad. We took him into the ENT where he had an infection already!

Seriously?! 3 weeks to the day and an infection?! He was put on a strong antibotic and perioxide in the ear twice a day.



3 days later...


He tells me his ear still hurts. I immediately take him back into the ENT. Guess what? yep! An ear infection in the OTHER EAR now! It's a good thing Davis can't hear very well as his mother said some not so nice things to the poor Dr...

He goes back again this Friday for another check and a hearing test. This should hopefully be the end of it and we should be seeing improvement from here - please!




Why do I bring this up? Well, I am starting to wonder. The past month Davis has not really been sleeping in his bed. He has been on the couch or our bed, or someplace elevated. Where has Kaden been sleeping the past month? Yes, Davis' bed.

Last night as I put him in his bed, he immediately starts itching all over and sneezing and wheezing. He comes downstairs and tells me he needs medicine. I gave him benadryl and marched him back to his bed where I discovered Kaden's hair on the comforter.

DUH! It hit me! The light bulb came on.

I went into my frantic mode and stripped the comforter and sheets giving him a freshly washed blanket and sending Kaden out of the room.



Is this the reason for the ears? Is he really allergic to dogs? Say, What? Dogs?



He has had issues with all of this since the day he was born. We have had Alex for almost 12 years.

He has had allergy testing done. I remember he scored a 3.5 out of 5 when it came to dogs. This can not be right. I am simply over reacting...

No comments:

Post a Comment