Saturday, February 6, 2010

Procrastination

Hhmmm. Makes me think. Do I procrastinate? Me? Come on now, Seriously?


Really?




Procrastination?




Me?



FINE! You WIN! Yes, I procrastinate! I am probably the QUEEN of Procrastination!

I was thinking today that I need to really get some things done. One of those things is to update this blog. I know, I have not done a very good job of keeping it up this year. I keep putting it off, or shall I say... Procrastinate.

So, I sat down just now knowing darn and well that I really need to update this blog here, and I sit and sit and think and think of what it is I want to write about. I could tell you all about the Holidays. I could go back and tell you all the fun stories of Davis' surgery. I could go into the fact that I have just one more free day before I go back to work. The list goes on. But, NO, I sit and sit. I think and think...

Ho hum is what I am saying right at this very moment. I am simply procrastinating. Ah Ha! I think to myself. Let's talk about procrastination!!!! Just what really is procrastination?

Well, according to California State University, Procrastion is "a complex psychological behavior that affects everyone to some degree or another. With some it can be a minor problem; with others is is a source of considerable stress and anxiety. Procrastination is only remotely related to time management, (procrastinators often know exactly what they should be doing, even if they cannot do it), which is why very detailed schedules usualy are no help."

I know exactly what I am supposed to be doing! I can make list after list of the things I need to do. I know that I will get everything done, just let me do it when I am ready...

All this rambling going on is starting to make myself go nuts! I think I have procrastinated long enough!!!!

Time to get some bloggin' done - HA!

Or maybe I should sit and sit, think and think some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment