but didn't care to ask...... ( Saw this posted and thought it would be fun)
1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I choose Swiss Miss Fat Free Hot chocolate. But I am currently in love with Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Presents must be wrapped!!! When I was little, Santa actually just brought us silly little stocking stuffers, now Santa brings the bigger things for the kids! Christmas is hard for us, since Santa has to come and find us. My Children have NEVER woke up on Christmas morning in their own house to run downstairs to see what Santa left. Santa comes and finds us wherever we are.
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white.
White on the tree! We do have an small, old tree that has colored lights, but I love how bright and pretty the white are!
We have not put lights up on the house since we have lived in Kansas City, but it is in the plan one day. I am not a big fan of those houses that half-way do lights. If you are going to put them up, put them up! I mean, don't just do your door and that's it. If you start on your roof, do the whole roof, not half...
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Who needs mistletoe??
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Weeelllll, this one is hard for me! In the past, I was always firm on waiting 'til
after Thanksgiving. But, now that we have to travel for Thanksgiving and then turn around and travel the 2 weeks over Christmas Break - I am changing my theory a little. It seems I am so excited at the beginning of the season and can't wait to get things up, then come Dec. 15th I want it gone.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
It might be easier for me to tell you what I don't like... Ummmm.... Hmmmm... Something I don't like????? I don't like nuts in my chocolate! I don't like pecan pie!
I do LOVE and always look forward to my Grammi's Coleslaw!!!!! Not to mention her Chocolate Chip Cookies, and of course, the smoked turkey we get in Ness City. Oh, this list could go forever...
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Playing games with Mom and my brothers on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Whatever do you mean? What truth? I'm confused. Seriously?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
We do!!! Now that the kids are older and remember Christmas' we try and have a little just us Christmas which always has to come before we leave town. (This Saturday in fact). This year we will be celebrating Christmas with my side of the family the weekend before Christmas and then we always spend Christmas Eve/Christmas Day with Sean's side, where presents are usually unwrapped on Christmas Eve followed by church or a game of poker. :o)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Each year, the idea of getting the tree out and decorating is so exciting. Then, you find it, get it out, and... well... it's a lot of work... This year, I just let the kids do it! Sean put it together and the kids decorated! Doesn't look to bad!
11. Snow. Love it? or Dread it?
There is only one time of the year that snow is fun. On Christmas. That's it. It can then go away. I always thought it would be fun to celebrate Christmas on the beach somewhere! Maybe making SAND snowmen!! :)
12. Can you ice skate?
No way! I would call it, Butt skating! HA!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Let's see... Some of the gifts I really remember... I loved playing with baby dolls as a child. I remember getting my first Cabbage Patch kid, with the seat that attaches to the table (like a high chair) for my doll. I remember getting the beauty salon for my barbies.
I will never forget getting the PEE-PEE jeans (remember those, they wear actually called PEPE jeans. But my Grammi and Mother always called them PEE PEE jeans), and of course my first pager! Being 16 and having a pager! Oh, I was so important.
Let's not also forget the beautiful Christmas socks Sean got me one year! I'm telling you, the man is the best at gift giving! HA HA HA! Have you met Sean?
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Being around family! I LOVE it! I love the holiday spirit! I truly try each year to make it more about the birth of Jesus.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Ummmm... Hello?..... Again? I do not like coconut, I do not like nuts in my chocolate and no pecan pie! Other than that - I say BRING IT!
16. What tops your tree?
The past 11 Christmas' has been an Angel. Sean and I bought this Angel the first Christmas in our first house. This year, we had to get a new something. We ended up getting a Star, but I am not found of it. I loved the Angel. The problem was, it was for a small tree, not that we have finally got a bigger tree, we really needed something a little bigger. Christmas clearance is calling my name - on the lookout for a new Angel.
17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I am completely honest on this one - I LOVE to give!!!! There is something about this time of the year! I want to buy for everyone and want them to have whatever! It is quite sad. But, I truly love watching someone open a gift!
18. What is your favorite Christmas song?
How can you have a favorite?! I LOVE them! The kids are driving me crazy this year with the Alvin and the Chipmunks! I LOVE the hippo song, I like them all!
19. Candy Canes, Yuck or Yum?
YUM-O!!!! I can't believe all the new flavors out there! What ever happened to plain red/white peppermint ones? Don't get me wrong, the Starburst, Jolly Rancher, Cherry, etc. are all great too!!
20. Favorite Christmas Show?
So many to list! My all time favorite that is a must tradition with me and Sean is the Grinch. It has to bee the cartoon version, not the movie. We also love ELF. Not to mention Christmas Vacation and Home Alone...
21. Saddest Christmas Song?
Christmas Shoes.
If you've gotten this far, and your still awake, and you'd
like to do this on your blog... be my guest. Let me know,
and I'll stop by.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment