Today is suppose to be one of those Rainy Summer Days. You know the ones where you wake up and realize you aren't ready to actually 'get up'. The one where you have that extra groggy feelin' of BLAH. As of this moment, Davis and Alex (The Golden) are still in bed. Of course, Kaden doesn't realize yet what happens to NORMAL people on Rainy days, so I had to pretend I was not groggy or BLAH, and get up as usual. Sean must be feeling it as well today, as the coffee was made and a cup waiting for me this morning... I am starting to wonder if this is a nice gesture he is giving me in the morning or if maybe it's for his own good.
Why is it at this time of the year, I tend to lose my temper even easier than I normally would? Could it be the fact that the kids are just being kids? Is it that I try each and every day to do the 'domestic' household chores, and by 10am, I get to start them all over again?
So, on this rainy summer morning, I wonder to myself, "just what will we do today?" I know my list is polar opposite of the list of Kailee and Davis that's for sure. My dream list would include a nice book and a couch. But, I can already here, "Mom, I'm bored." "Mom, Davis won't leave me alone." "Mom, Kailee hit me." "Mom, Mom, Mom..." Where I, in the end, scream... STOP!!!!
So, as I type this this morning, I have a piece of paper and pen next to me ready to write down any idea that comes to mind when I think of just how today will go. I have a list of chores I would like to get done. I have a list of chores for the kids. I have a list of ideas for "Mom, I'm bored.". But, I can probably bet that life will not go by my lists today... So, at the top of each page, I have just wrote IDEAS ONLY...
As I approach this Rainy Summer Day. I simply pray. I pray for patience. I pray for peace. I pray we make it in one whole piece.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment